About Tristone Solid Surface
If you are looking for a Solid Surface material to serve as your next kitchen countertop, you might want to check out Tristone. Tristone Solid Surface are often chosen as a cost effective alternative to other materials. Even though Solid Surface is lower priced than other hard surfaces used for counters, some find it the best choice for their situation.
As with many other Solid Surface products, there are certain aspects about the product that owners should be aware of. For example, how do you care for Tristone Solid Surface? What is the warranty information? And what should you know about having this particular Solid Surface product installed? These are things that we will look at briefly here.
Tristone Available Colors
Solid Surface is available in a variety of colors. Each company offers its own selection and Tristone has a range of stylish colors as well. Some of the colors offered by Tristone are:
- Whale White
- Pure White
- Snow Pearl
- Natural Pearl
- Frost Land
- Frost Quartz
- Antarctic Ice
- Snow Range
- Milky Sands
- Cream Sands
- Indian Ocean*
- Beige Wales
- Rainy Sky
- Antelope Canyon
- Milk Shake
- Sweet Peanut
- Beige Sands
- Gold Twilight
- Red Amber*
- French Roast
- Rocky Mountain
- Soft Pearl
- Tempest Grey
- Black Pepper
- Black Frost
- Night Pearl
- Dark Cave
- Night Sky
- Galaxy Cluster
Solid Surface Care & Maintenance
The care and maintenance for Tristone Solid Surface is pretty straight forward if you take a brief look at the documentation for the material. The website makes the following statement about caring for Tristone Solid Surface in its documentation:
Any stubborn stains can be easily removed, returning the surface to its original appearance by following the recommended cleaning instructions.
With a little bit of care, you can get the most use out of your Solid Surface by Tristone. So be sure you thouroughly read the care and maintenance information if you choose Tristone.
Tristone Warranty Information
One of the first things people want to know about when it comes to Solid Surface is the warranty information. Tristone offers a 10 year warranty. Here is a snippet taken from the documentation regarding the warranty of Tristone Solid Surface:
...covered by a 10 year limited warranty by the manufacturer and not Tristone UK Limited. For further information, refer to the Tristone Warranty section.
So, even though Solid Surface is cost effective, Tristone stands behind their Solid Surface with a warranty of 10. As a general rule, you should read through your warranty information first thing after your Solid Surface is installed.
Installing Tristone Solid Surface Countertops
When it comes to installing Solid Surface, there are some things that you should keep in mind. You might be wondering, "Why do I need to know how to install Tristone Solid Surface?" That is a fair question.
Even if you are not installing your Solid Surface it helps to know what the process entails so you are not in the dark as the install process is completed. Here are the steps for how to install Tristone Solid Surface countertops.
- First, have the proper tools. If you are installing Solid Surface, you will need to be sure you have these tools and supplies before you begin installing. However, if you are having it installed, the fabrication professional has most likely already invested in these tools.
- Second, measure your space. Measure out the stone and mark the slab for cutouts like the sink hole and the faucet holes. This can be tricky and will require more tools. In fact, additional tools are specifically made for the purpose of cutting out the sink holes and faucet holes.
- Third, set the slab in place. After measuring the area to see where the cuts need to be made, lay the Tristone on the base without any adhesive. This will allow you to get a good idea of how well the Solid Surface will fit.
- Fourth, apply the adhesive to the stone, set back in place and allow it to cure.
- Finally, install the countertop backsplash. If you have elected to have a backsplash installed with your Tristone surface, you will install it afterward. Choosing the proper backsplash for your Solid Surface plays a key role in your project.
Tristone Installation Tips
Installing Tristone countertops is not a project that will take only one afternoon. In fact, the whole process takes multiple days. This is because the consequences are huge if there is a mistake.
So, if you are installing your Tristone yourself, be sure you set aside plenty of time for the task. Otherwise, you may end up overloading yourself and having to hire a fabricator anyway.
Additionally, if you are going the do-it-yourself route, you will want to be sure you have the correct tools for the job; all of which are available through distributors listed here on our website.
We offer a wide selection of products that can be used to install solid surface countertops; and that includes installing Tristone surfaces. When you go to install the slab, be sure you have all the right tools for the project. Here are some reminders for installing solid surface & supporting stone surfaces.
We offer diamond blades that are designed to cut Tristone slabs. Even stone that is harder than solid surface can be cut with the Grey Leopard diamond blade. It is by no means the only blade that we offer to cut solid surface surfaces; but it does well.
Another blade that cuts solid surface as discussed on other websites is the White Lion. The White Lion is the "king of the jungle" when it comes to hard stone cutting blades.
Another tool that is required for installing Tristone is polishing pads (that is, if you want a polished finish). We offer a number of polishing pads that work well for solid surface surfaces. Depending on whether the polishing is done in a wet environment or dry environment, there are multiple pads from which to choose. Here are some specific pad types:
- ES Polishing Pads - the name says it all when it comes to this pad. It is designed to polish engineered stone and solid surface is an engineered stone.
- Engineered Stone Polishing Pads - this seven step polishing pad system polishes without burning the material. This is important when working with solid surface
Tristone Installation Reminders
If you are going to be installing stone, keep these reminders in mind:
- Know which type of edge the customer wants on the countertop when they install the material.
- Do you have the proper clips that are needed for the sink installation?
- What type of sink will the countertop have? Is there one in particular that compliments the Tristone collection you are installing?
- Make sure you are all set on dry polishing pads just in case you have to touch up the surface.
- If there is an overhang, have you included the correct quality countertop support brackets for the installation?
In conclusion, knowing a little bit about Tristone Solid Surface care and maintenance will go a long way toward getting years of use out of your next kitchen countertop. Furthermore, getting familiar with its installation process and what goes into the install will allow you to oversee the project even if you do not put the countertop in on your own.