About Lexton Solid Surface
Lexton is a Solid Surface product that provides a cost effective alternative for homeowners looking to upgrade a kitchen countertop. LEXTON products are available in a variety of color options. Even though Lexton Solid Surface is cost effective, it is viewed by many to be sufficently durable for use in the kitchen as a hard surface countertop.
As with many other Solid Surface products, there are certain aspects about the product that owners should be aware of. For example, how do you care for Lexton Solid Surface? What is the warranty information? And what should you know about having this particular Solid Surface product installed? These are things that we will look at briefly here.
Lexton Available Colors
Solid Surface is available in a variety of colors. Each company offers its own selection and Lexton has a range of stylish colors as well. Some of the colors offered by Lexton are:
- L001 Glacier White
- L002 Cameo White
- L003 Whisper
- L004 Everest
- L005 Clam Shell
- L006 Platinum
- L007 Mojave
- L008 White Maui
- L009 Festival
- L010 Mars
- L011 Venus
- L012 Sahara
- L013 Hot Sun
- L014 Tumbled Glass
- L015 Hercules
- L016 Mediterranean
- L017 White Jasmine
- L018 Latte
- L019 Everest
- L020 Banana
- L021 Savannah
- L022 Abalone
- L023 Sparkling White
- L024 Antarctica
- Lw-2802 Roman Holiday
- Lw-2803 Flying Sand
- Lw-2804 Late Autumn
- Lw-2805 Roaring Waves
- Lw-2806 Hollow Orchid
- Lw-2809 Roman
- Lw-3809 Brown Jasper
- Lw-3810 Moonquake
- Lw-3840 Cirrus White
Solid Surface Care & Maintenance
The care and maintenance for Lexton Solid Surface is pretty straight forward if you take a brief look at the documentation for the material. The website makes the following statement about caring for Lexton Solid Surface in its documentation:
With a little bit of care, you can get the most use out of your Solid Surface by Lexton. So be sure you thouroughly read the care and maintenance information if you choose Lexton.
Lexton Warranty Information
One of the first things people want to know about when it comes to Solid Surface is the warranty information. Lexton offers a 10 year warranty. Here is a snippet taken from the documentation regarding the warranty of Lexton Solid Surface:
With proper care, LEXTON® in your home will stay looking like new for many years. LEXTON® is backed by a 10-year limited product warranty by LEXTON Inc. When a Certified Fabricator/Installer installs LEXTON®, the entire job is also warranted for 10 years against fabrication and installation defects.
So, even though Solid Surface is cost effective, Lexton stands behind their Solid Surface with a warranty of 10. As a general rule, you should read through your warranty information first thing after your Solid Surface is installed.
Installing Lexton Solid Surface Countertops
When it comes to installing Solid Surface, there are some things that you should keep in mind. You might be wondering, "Why do I need to know how to install Lexton Solid Surface?" That is a fair question.
Even if you are not installing your Solid Surface it helps to know what the process entails so you are not in the dark as the install process is completed. Here are the steps for how to install Lexton Solid Surface countertops.
- First, have the proper tools. If you are installing Solid Surface, you will need to be sure you have these tools and supplies before you begin installing. However, if you are having it installed, the fabrication professional has most likely already invested in these tools.
- Second, measure your space. Measure out the stone and mark the slab for cutouts like the sink hole and the faucet holes. This can be tricky and will require more tools. In fact, additional tools are specifically made for the purpose of cutting out the sink holes and faucet holes.
- Third, set the slab in place. After measuring the area to see where the cuts need to be made, lay the Lexton on the base without any adhesive. This will allow you to get a good idea of how well the Solid Surface will fit.
- Fourth, apply the adhesive to the stone, set back in place and allow it to cure.
- Finally, install the countertop backsplash. If you have elected to have a backsplash installed with your Lexton surface, you will install it afterward. Choosing the proper backsplash for your Solid Surface plays a key role in your project.
Lexton Installation Tips
Installing Lexton countertops is not a project that will take only one afternoon. In fact, the whole process takes multiple days. This is because the consequences are huge if there is a mistake.
So, if you are installing your Lexton yourself, be sure you set aside plenty of time for the task. Otherwise, you may end up overloading yourself and having to hire a fabricator anyway.
Additionally, if you are going the do-it-yourself route, you will want to be sure you have the correct tools for the job; all of which are available through distributors listed here on our website.
We offer a wide selection of products that can be used to install solid surface countertops; and that includes installing Lexton surfaces. When you go to install the slab, be sure you have all the right tools for the project. Here are some reminders for installing solid surface & supporting stone surfaces.
We offer diamond blades that are designed to cut Lexton slabs. Even stone that is harder than solid surface can be cut with the Grey Leopard diamond blade. It is by no means the only blade that we offer to cut solid surface surfaces; but it does well.
Another blade that cuts solid surface as discussed on other websites is the White Lion. The White Lion is the "king of the jungle" when it comes to hard stone cutting blades.
Another tool that is required for installing Lexton is polishing pads (that is, if you want a polished finish). We offer a number of polishing pads that work well for solid surface surfaces. Depending on whether the polishing is done in a wet environment or dry environment, there are multiple pads from which to choose. Here are some specific pad types:
- ES Polishing Pads - the name says it all when it comes to this pad. It is designed to polish engineered stone and solid surface is an engineered stone.
- Engineered Stone Polishing Pads - this seven step polishing pad system polishes without burning the material. This is important when working with solid surface
Lexton Installation Reminders
If you are going to be installing stone, keep these reminders in mind:
- Know which type of edge the customer wants on the countertop when they install the material.
- Do you have the proper clips that are needed for the sink installation?
- What type of sink will the countertop have? Is there one in particular that compliments the Lexton collection you are installing?
- Make sure you are all set on dry polishing pads just in case you have to touch up the surface.
- If there is an overhang, have you included the correct quality countertop support brackets for the installation?
In conclusion, knowing a little bit about Lexton Solid Surface care and maintenance will go a long way toward getting years of use out of your next kitchen countertop. Furthermore, getting familiar with its installation process and what goes into the install will allow you to oversee the project even if you do not put the countertop in on your own.