About Krion Solid Surface
Krion is a Solid Surface product that provides a cost effective alternative for homeowners looking to upgrade a kitchen countertop. Krion products are available in a variety of color options. Even though Krion Solid Surface is cost effective, it is viewed by many to be sufficently durable for use in the kitchen as a hard surface countertop.
As with many other Solid Surface products, there are certain aspects about the product that owners should be aware of. For example, how do you care for Krion Solid Surface? What is the warranty information? And what should you know about having this particular Solid Surface product installed? These are things that we will look at briefly here.
Krion Available Colors
Solid Surface is available in a variety of colors. Each company offers its own selection and Krion has a range of stylish colors as well. Some of the colors offered by Krion are:
- A101 - Asteroid White
- A501 - Asteroid Mocha
- A502 - Asteroid Brown
- A503 - Asteroid Dark
- A504 - Asteroid Cream
- A505 - Asteroid Taupe
- A901 - Asteroid Grey
- 9101 - Crystal White
- 9102 - Polar Stone
- 9103 - Bright Rock
- 9104 - White Concrete
- 9105 - Elegant White
- 9106 - White Copper
- 9505 - Cream Concrete
- 9506 - Mocha Concrete
- 9507 - Taupe Concrete
- 9508 - Sand Copper
- 9509 - Dark Copper
- 9903 - Deep Granite
- 9904 - Bright Concrete
- 9905 - Elegant Black
- 9906 - Black Mirror Xl
- 9907 - Grey Gold
- 9908 - Black Gold
- T101 - Bianco Classico
- T102 - Marmo Bianco
- T103 - Antico Bianco
- T104 - Vetro
- T901 - Grafite Classico
- T902 - Pietra
- T903 - Concrete
- T904 - Grigio Classico
- L101 - Carrara Soft
- L102 - Nacar
- L103 - Snow Fall
- L105 - Carrara Dark
- L501 - Pompei
- L503 - Siracusa
- L505 - Beige Marfil
- L901 - Segesta
- L902 - Erice
- L903 - Grey Cement
- P101 - Opale Bianco
- P601 - Opale Verde
- P701 - Opale Blu
- P901 - Opale Grigio
- V501 - Noce Atrio
Solid Surface Care & Maintenance
The care and maintenance for Krion Solid Surface is pretty straight forward if you take a brief look at the documentation for the material. The website makes the following statement about caring for Krion Solid Surface in its documentation:
Any normal stain, superficial burn, graffiti or marker pen stain can be removed, immediately returning the surface to its original appearance simply by following the recommended cleaning instructions.
With a little bit of care, you can get the most use out of your Solid Surface by Krion. So be sure you thouroughly read the care and maintenance information if you choose Krion.
Krion Warranty Information
One of the first things people want to know about when it comes to Solid Surface is the warranty information. Krion offers a 10 year warranty. Here is a snippet taken from the documentation regarding the warranty of Krion Solid Surface:
SYSTEM-POOL S.A. provides a 10-year limited warranty for KRIONTM materials (sheets) used to make end products. This limited warranty covers the repair or replacement of manufacturing defects in the KRIONTM, free of charge and at the manufacturer’s discretion, depending on the time that has elapsed since the purchase date and providing that the materials were fabricated and fitted by a K® Associate Quality Fabricator.
So, even though Solid Surface is cost effective, Krion stands behind their Solid Surface with a warranty of 10. As a general rule, you should read through your warranty information first thing after your Solid Surface is installed.
Installing Krion Solid Surface Countertops
When it comes to installing Solid Surface, there are some things that you should keep in mind. You might be wondering, "Why do I need to know how to install Krion Solid Surface?" That is a fair question.
Even if you are not installing your Solid Surface it helps to know what the process entails so you are not in the dark as the install process is completed. Here are the steps for how to install Krion Solid Surface countertops.
- First, have the proper tools. If you are installing Solid Surface, you will need to be sure you have these tools and supplies before you begin installing. However, if you are having it installed, the fabrication professional has most likely already invested in these tools.
- Second, measure your space. Measure out the stone and mark the slab for cutouts like the sink hole and the faucet holes. This can be tricky and will require more tools. In fact, additional tools are specifically made for the purpose of cutting out the sink holes and faucet holes.
- Third, set the slab in place. After measuring the area to see where the cuts need to be made, lay the Krion on the base without any adhesive. This will allow you to get a good idea of how well the Solid Surface will fit.
- Fourth, apply the adhesive to the stone, set back in place and allow it to cure.
- Finally, install the countertop backsplash. If you have elected to have a backsplash installed with your Krion surface, you will install it afterward. Choosing the proper backsplash for your Solid Surface plays a key role in your project.
Krion Installation Tips
Installing Krion countertops is not a project that will take only one afternoon. In fact, the whole process takes multiple days. This is because the consequences are huge if there is a mistake.
So, if you are installing your Krion yourself, be sure you set aside plenty of time for the task. Otherwise, you may end up overloading yourself and having to hire a fabricator anyway.
Additionally, if you are going the do-it-yourself route, you will want to be sure you have the correct tools for the job; all of which are available through distributors listed here on our website.
We offer a wide selection of products that can be used to install solid surface countertops; and that includes installing Krion surfaces. When you go to install the slab, be sure you have all the right tools for the project. Here are some reminders for installing solid surface & supporting stone surfaces.
We offer diamond blades that are designed to cut Krion slabs. Even stone that is harder than solid surface can be cut with the Grey Leopard diamond blade. It is by no means the only blade that we offer to cut solid surface surfaces; but it does well.
Another blade that cuts solid surface as discussed on other websites is the White Lion. The White Lion is the "king of the jungle" when it comes to hard stone cutting blades.
Another tool that is required for installing Krion is polishing pads (that is, if you want a polished finish). We offer a number of polishing pads that work well for solid surface surfaces. Depending on whether the polishing is done in a wet environment or dry environment, there are multiple pads from which to choose. Here are some specific pad types:
- ES Polishing Pads - the name says it all when it comes to this pad. It is designed to polish engineered stone and solid surface is an engineered stone.
- Engineered Stone Polishing Pads - this seven step polishing pad system polishes without burning the material. This is important when working with solid surface
Krion Installation Reminders
If you are going to be installing stone, keep these reminders in mind:
- Know which type of edge the customer wants on the countertop when they install the material.
- Do you have the proper clips that are needed for the sink installation?
- What type of sink will the countertop have? Is there one in particular that compliments the Krion collection you are installing?
- Make sure you are all set on dry polishing pads just in case you have to touch up the surface.
- If there is an overhang, have you included the correct quality countertop support brackets for the installation?
In the end Krion Solid Surface can provide you with a solid hard surface that will provide you years of use if cared for properly. And knowing a bit about it and how it is installed can go a long way!