About Irah Quartz
Like many other quartz producers,
Irah Quartz makes its engineered stone materials using quartz, a resin bond, and pigments. Since quartz is manufactured, it can be made to resemble various natural stones. Irah Quartz makes its products to be owner-friendly since it is scratch resistant and stain resistant.
According to the Irah Quartz care instructions, their product lasts and looks new for years when cared for in accordance with their instructions. The care and maintenance guide makes the following statement:
IRAH Quartz is 100% Engineered Stone is an eco friendly product that is a non-porous quartz surface that is low maintenance, easy to clean, scratch resistant, and stain resistant. By following a few basic maintenance guidelines, your IRAH Quartz countertop shall continue to look new for years to come
So, what is the selection like?
Available Quartz Colors
Every quartz supplier or manufacturer offers its own selection of colors and patterns. In addition to colors and patterns, various finishes are offered as well. Irah Quartz produces the following colors of quartz:
- 502 St. Augustine
- 501 Cascade
- 409 Enchant
- 408 Nero Wave
- 407 Picasso
- 406 Kalahari
- 405 Budapest
- 404 Snow Leopard
- 403 Milva
- 402 Delta
- 401 Britannia
- 309 Caramel
- 308 Grigio
- 307 Carbon
- 306 Driftwood
- 305 Sierra Leone
- 304 Pantheon
- 303 Solemnity
- 302 Caprice
- 301 Raw Silk
- 205 Bianco
- 204 Noir
- 203 Fog
- 202 Earth Brown
- 201 Earth Grey
- 150 Biscuit
- 108 Cardinal
- 107 Monarch
- 106 Crystal White
- 105 White Dunes
- 104 Night Flash
- 103 Glass Brown
- 102 Lima
- 101 Nano White
Irah Quartz offers a 20 year limited warranty on material supplied by Hari Stones Ltd. The material must have been installed after November 1st, 2016 as well as other requirements regarding ownership and installation procedures. Be sure to look at and read the "Warranty Inclusions" document on the haristoneslimited.com website for complete information.
Care & Maintenance
As a general rule, quartz is relatively easy to take care of. If you follow some basic, simple rules, you can clean it with warm water and mild soap. However, it can be temperamental if you begin using strong chemicals on it or leaving home made concoctions on the surface for long periods of time. Caring for Irah Quartz is simple as well. Here are some basics when it comes to maintaining the look of your quartz surface:
However, there are other substances that can cause discolorations on your quartz surface. For the varieties of things that can stain your surfaces, it is good to look into the various types of stain removal products and cleaners.
Caring for your quartz is an important aspect of owning it, but you have to have it installed first. So let's briefly take a look at how the quartz surface gets installed in the first place.
How to Install
If you have your eye on new quartz countertops in your kitchen or bathroom and have set you heart on Irah for the hard surfaces, then you may be interested in finding out what goes into installing Irah. Even if you do not want to know how to install Irah so that you can install it yourself it is still wise to research it. Why?
Even if you are having a fabrication professional install your quartz surfaces, knowing what the project consists of can help you understand the pricing, timing, and scope of what you are having done. Here are the steps for how to install Irah Quartz countertops.
- Having the proper tools - if you are installing the quartz, you will need to be sure you have these tools and supplies before you begin installing the Irah. However, if you are having it installed, the fabrication professional has most likely already invested in these tools and has them for the install.
- Measure your space - measure out the stone and mark the slab(s) for cutouts like the sink hole and the faucet holes. This can be tricky and will require more tools. In fact, the additional tools are specifically made for this purpose.
- Setting the quartz - after measuring the area to see where the cuts need to be made, lay out your Irah quartz on the base without any adhesive. This will allow you to get a good idea of how well the quartz will fit.
- Install your backsplash - if you have elected to have a backsplash installed with your Irah quartz surface, you will install it after the surface has been installed. Choosing the proper backsplash for your Irah surface plays a key role in the appeal of your project.
Installing Irah countertops is not a project that will take only one afternoon. In fact, the whole process takes multiple days because the consequences are huge if there is a mistake. So, if you are installing your Irah yourself, be sure you set aside plenty of time for the task. Otherwise, you may end up overloading yourself and having to hire a fabricator anyway. Additionally, if you are going the do-it-yourself route, you will want to be sure you have the correct tools for the job; all of which are available through distributors you can find here on our website.
We offer a wide selection of products that can be used once you know
how to install quartz countertops; and that includes installing Irah quartz surfaces. When you go to install the slab, be sure you have all the right tools for the project. Here are some reminders for installing quartz & stone surfaces.
Sure, We have diamond blades that are designed to cut Irah quartz slabs. The Matrix S diamond blade is outstanding for cutting quartz surfaces. It is by no means the only blade that we offer to cut quartz surfaces, but it does an outstanding job.
Another tool that is required for installing Irah Quartz is polishing pads (that is if you want a polished finish). Weha offers a number of polishing pads that work well for quartz surfaces. Depending on whether the polishing is done in a wet environment or dry environment, there are multiple choices. Here are some specifics:
Reminders for Installing Stone
- Know which type of edge the customer wants on the countertop when they install the material.
- Do you have the proper sink clips that are needed for the installation?
- What type of sink will the countertop have? Is there one in particular that compliments the Irah collection you are installing?
- Make sure you are all set on dry polishing pads just in case you have to touch up the surface during the install.
- If there is an overhang, have you included the the correct quality countertop support brackets for the installation?