About Dovae Solid Surface
Dovae is a Solid Surface product that provides a cost effective alternative for homeowners looking to upgrade a kitchen countertop. Chemcore Industries products are available in a variety of color options. Even though Dovae Solid Surface is cost effective, it is viewed by many to be sufficently durable for use in the kitchen as a hard surface countertop.
As with many other Solid Surface products, there are certain aspects about the product that owners should be aware of. For example, how do you care for Dovae Solid Surface? What is the warranty information? And what should you know about having this particular Solid Surface product installed? These are things that we will look at briefly here.
Dovae Available Colors
Solid Surface is available in a variety of colors. Each company offers its own selection and Dovae has a range of stylish colors as well. Some of the colors offered by Dovae are:
- 1101B Ivory
- 1102B Bone
- 1201B White Sands
- 1202B Sapphire Green
- 1205B Star Night
- 1208B Beach Sands
- 1210B Sand Dollar
- 1213B Desert Mirage
- 1214B Gold Finch
- 1217B Cadbury
- 1221B Ambrosia
- 1223B Spanish Mist
- 1240B Manilla
- 1401B Sand Granite
- 1402B Coral Granite
- 1405B Moon Granite
- 1408B Stone Granite
- 1412B Blanca Stone
- 1425B Cinnamon Twist
- 1428B Espresso
- 1430B Amazonian
- 1433B Bisque Granite
- 1446B Mocha Granite
- 1448B Pucha Granite
- 1602B Sandstone
- 1603B Fieldstone
- 1606B Cobblestone
- 1608B Terrazine
- 1622B Dakota
- 1634B Solar Stone
- 1644B Pecos Stone
- 1646B Ocala Stone
- 1648B Sabine Stone
- 1650B Kona Stone
- 1806B Capri Concrete
- 2002B Zodiac Quartz
- 2004B Twilight Quartz
- 2006B Mocha Quartz
- 2200B Winter Onyx
- 2202B Vega Onyx
- 2204B Orion Onyx
- 2207B Taurus Onyx
- 2211B Carina Onyx
- 2212B Tempest Onyx
- 2216B Electra Onyx
- 2220B Mahogany Onyx
- 2600B Gold Fusion
- 2606B Bronze Fusion
- 7701A White
- 7701Aa White
- 7702A Bisque
- 7706A Baja Sands
- 7726A Nightlights
- 7803A Tumbled Pearl
- 7804A Serrengetti
- 7806A Casablanca
- 7810A Peppered Pearl
- 7812A Everest Granite
- 7814A Brownstone Granite
Solid Surface Care & Maintenance
The care and maintenance for Dovae Solid Surface is pretty straight forward if you take a brief look at the documentation for the material. The website makes the following statement about caring for Dovae Solid Surface in its documentation:
Dovae’ solid surface is extremely durable and stain-resistant, ideal for kitchen countertops, bath vanities, tub and shower surrounds, restaurant interiors, hospital areas, furniture and more. The non-porous surface will not support the growth of bacteria like natural products, such as granite or marble. It is easy to clean and will not succumb to ink, coffee, or other difficult stains.
With a little bit of care, you can get the most use out of your Solid Surface by Dovae. So be sure you thouroughly read the care and maintenance information if you choose Dovae.
Dovae Warranty Information
One of the first things people want to know about when it comes to Solid Surface is the warranty information. Dovae offers a 10 year warranty. Here is a snippet taken from the documentation regarding the warranty of Dovae Solid Surface:
Dovae’ is backed by a 10-year warranty. With a wide range of vibrant colors and patterns, and infinite design options, Dovae’ offers the style, performance, and function you demand.
So, even though Solid Surface is cost effective, Dovae stands behind their Solid Surface with a warranty of 10. As a general rule, you should read through your warranty information first thing after your Solid Surface is installed.
Installing Dovae Solid Surface Countertops
When it comes to installing Solid Surface, there are some things that you should keep in mind. You might be wondering, "Why do I need to know how to install Dovae Solid Surface?" That is a fair question.
Even if you are not installing your Solid Surface it helps to know what the process entails so you are not in the dark as the install process is completed. Here are the steps for how to install Dovae Solid Surface countertops.
- First, have the proper tools. If you are installing Solid Surface, you will need to be sure you have these tools and supplies before you begin installing. However, if you are having it installed, the fabrication professional has most likely already invested in these tools.
- Second, measure your space. Measure out the stone and mark the slab for cutouts like the sink hole and the faucet holes. This can be tricky and will require more tools. In fact, additional tools are specifically made for the purpose of cutting out the sink holes and faucet holes.
- Third, set the slab in place. After measuring the area to see where the cuts need to be made, lay the Dovae on the base without any adhesive. This will allow you to get a good idea of how well the Solid Surface will fit.
- Fourth, apply the adhesive to the stone, set back in place and allow it to cure.
- Finally, install the countertop backsplash. If you have elected to have a backsplash installed with your Dovae surface, you will install it afterward. Choosing the proper backsplash for your Solid Surface plays a key role in your project.
Dovae Installation Tips
Installing Dovae countertops is not a project that will take only one afternoon. In fact, the whole process takes multiple days. This is because the consequences are huge if there is a mistake.
So, if you are installing your Dovae yourself, be sure you set aside plenty of time for the task. Otherwise, you may end up overloading yourself and having to hire a fabricator anyway.
Additionally, if you are going the do-it-yourself route, you will want to be sure you have the correct tools for the job; all of which are available through distributors listed here on our website.
We offer a wide selection of products that can be used to install solid surface countertops; and that includes installing Dovae surfaces. When you go to install the slab, be sure you have all the right tools for the project. Here are some reminders for installing solid surface & supporting stone surfaces.
We offer diamond blades that are designed to cut Dovae slabs. Even stone that is harder than solid surface can be cut with the Grey Leopard diamond blade. It is by no means the only blade that we offer to cut solid surface surfaces; but it does well.
Another blade that cuts solid surface as discussed on other websites is the White Lion. The White Lion is the "king of the jungle" when it comes to hard stone cutting blades.
Another tool that is required for installing Dovae is polishing pads (that is, if you want a polished finish). We offer a number of polishing pads that work well for solid surface surfaces. Depending on whether the polishing is done in a wet environment or dry environment, there are multiple pads from which to choose. Here are some specific pad types:
- ES Polishing Pads - the name says it all when it comes to this pad. It is designed to polish engineered stone and solid surface is an engineered stone.
- Engineered Stone Polishing Pads - this seven step polishing pad system polishes without burning the material. This is important when working with solid surface
Dovae Installation Reminders
If you are going to be installing stone, keep these reminders in mind:
- Know which type of edge the customer wants on the countertop when they install the material.
- Do you have the proper clips that are needed for the sink installation?
- What type of sink will the countertop have? Is there one in particular that compliments the Dovae collection you are installing?
- Make sure you are all set on dry polishing pads just in case you have to touch up the surface.
- If there is an overhang, have you included the correct quality countertop support brackets for the installation?
In the end Dovae Solid Surface can provide you with a solid hard surface that will provide you years of use if cared for properly. And knowing a bit about it and how it is installed can go a long way!